Frequently Asked Questions
What is 5KColorRun?
- 5KColorRun was founded to celebrate happiness, healthiness, and friendship!
- Our mission is not about mile markers, but about memories made!
- We created a stress-free, un-timed running event that is all about health and happiness than competition.
- We hope that 5KColorRun will be an inspiration to healthy living in your life.
What makes 5KColorRun special?
- All participants receive a FREE 5KColorRun T-Shirt, Commemorative Finisher Medal, Race Bib, Temp Tattoos, Color Pack, Refreshments, and entrance to the post-race Finish Festival of music and massive color throws!
- Food vendors on site to satisfy your cravings for hot eats and cool treats!
- 2X the color stations for 2X the FUN!
- 5KColorRun is a nationwide event.
- 5KColorRun is proud to help out the local community, not only by hosting our awesome color runs, but also by donating a portion of proceeds to local charities. Specific charities are listed on each event page. Your participation in 5KColorRun makes a difference!
What does Twice the Color mean?
For all of our runs, the route is TWO laps of approximately 2.5km each loop. This is PERFECT for those who want a break halfway through or who wish to be done running the event after one loop.
Each loop has at least four (4) color stations set up. Since runners go through each of our four color stations twice, they end up running through twice the color stations compared to other color runs.
What about safety?
Safety is the most important aspect of this event. Runners must respect each other and share the course. Depending on location, the course may change from paved paths to dirt trails. Everyone must be mindful of their surroundings, especially when transitioning into a section that may only fit one person at a time.
Where do we pick up t-shirts and race packets?
Packets and shirts are always available for pick-up on site on event day. If there also happens to be a pre-race packet pick-up, all participants will be notified.
What is the color made from?
The magical color powder we use is custom manufactured and produced in the United States. It is made from food grade quality cornstarch using an advanced manufacturing process that has been custom developed for 5KColorRun.
It is 100% non-toxic and biodegradable. As with any substance, you will want to keep it out of your eyes and lungs. If you are overly sensitive, you may want to wear glasses or goggles for your eyes and use a bandana or dust mask for your mouth (this is especially recommended for our younger runners/walkers).
What is the course like?
All of our courses are in beautiful locations that help to enhance your experience. Maps and the race route are published for each location on the Register page.
Is the race timed?
No, the race and its participants do not get timed. Run, walk, skip, or dance the course! 5KColorRun is about having a great time with family and friends for great causes.
Will the color stain my clothes, shoes, or makeup?
If you want a lot of color to hit your free t-shirt, plan to run or walk closer to the color throwers. If you want only a little bit of color, run or walk in the farthest lane from the throwers. The color does wash out after the event. As with any stain, the sooner you wash it the better. We suggest wearing items that you wouldn’t mind getting the color on.
Will the color get in my car?
Bring a towel or some plastic bags along, and you’ll be just fine. However, if you do get some in your vehicle, it can be dusted away or vacuumed easily.
What is the schedule for the day?
To find the exact schedule for your event, please consult our event list.
What happens if there is bad weather?
- Rain or shine, the race is on, a little rain won’t stop us!
- Since your safety is the most important thing, certain weather (thunderstorm, lightning, tornado, etc.) may cause a severe weather cancellation.
- If threatening weather forces cancellation of the event, no refunds can be provided because funds were already spent in preparation for race day. If an event is cancelled, all participants will receive an e-mail with information on how they can pick up their swag and race kit.
What are the other rules?
- There is no age limit for 5KColorRun. If you can cover the 3 mile course (running, jogging, walking) then you can join in on the fun. Strollers are welcome and children in strollers are FREE! If they run or walk, they will need to register and have a race bib.
- Visibly intoxicated runners will not be allowed to participate.
- By registering for, participating in, and/or observing this event, you agree to the terms and conditions of the 5KColorRun Waiver of Liability.
- Participants under 18 years of age must have an accompanying parent on race day to participate. The parent does not have to register, but is needed to sign the waiver of anyone in their party under age 18. If the parent(s) also want to participate in the event, they will need to register as well.
- Wear sunglasses or other glasses/goggles. We recommend putting cameras/phones in a plastic bag if you plan on getting shots in the midst of the color.
- Due to safety concerns, no pets are allowed.
- Bib numbers must be visible on runners at all times.
Are spectators welcome?
YES! We know that runners have friends and family members that want to watch this event and have an enjoyable day. All spectators are free and get to enjoy all that 5KColorRun has to offer.
Please send us a message on our Contact Page.